At last! I started them last year during my EMT class. They were too short for my toes. I got fed up and dropped them, and started knitting the second one in October. Then, I found out that I had massive gauge issues, and that the second sock fit much better than the first. Since I'm ridiculously finicky about my knitting, I decided to rip out the first one and reknit it so that the gauge matched.
Since the toe was too short and I was using a ripped sock for yarn, I had to dip into the leftovers from the second sock in order to finish the third one. Luckily, it was just in the toe - I can't even see the color change. Success!
I'm slowly but surely whittling down the number of projects that I have on my needles. I'm working on Hexacomb again, and it's going pretty fast since I divided for the fronts and back. I still need to block a couple of my projects, but I figure I'll do that when I have a little more space and I'm not living in the basement.
Post a Comment