I got this little embroidered cardigan a few weeks ago and noticed that it needed a little love upon further inspection. It's in pretty good condition except for a few holes here and there, which I think I'm going to repair using a ply of some fingering-weight Shetland wool I have in my stash. See, bonus of having a big stash: it's likely that you'll have the right color somewhere!
As you can see here, the ribbing has torn loose from the body of the sweater. I'm not sure how it was constructed - it reads like a brioche on the back, but the front looks completely different, with a lot of volume and right-left movement of stitches. It creates a really nice, fluffy fabric, but I'm a little stumped on how to duplicate it!
There's also a few little places where the embroidery needs to be tacked down, but that's a pretty easy fix.
In completely unrelated news, Lumberjack, my mom and I started looking at wedding venues last night, and I found out what I'm going to have to do to make my dress for school. Luckily that's still over a year off, but it's nice to be making forward progress. I've been looking at a lot of vintage dresses in books and on vintage resale sites, so I have lots of ideas swimming around in my brain... wide neckline, full skirt, lace applique... yards and yards of pale chiffon over a bright underlayer of crepe-backed satin... so much fabric, so little time in the day.