Last week I got a lot of knitting done: two hats in a week, to be exact. I started this one on the first snow day and finished it in three or four days, partially because I had to rip back some of the decreases a few times. It's sort of crazy how much this hat grows - when it was first finished, it was a squishy, wrinkly little mess, but after it soaked for fifteen minutes, it really opened up into a nice, drapey, and very soft fabric. When it was dry, I noticed the cashmere content much more than before it was washed. It formed a super soft halo that makes the hat really nice to wear. Most of the time I have Lumberjack take pictures of my FOs, then I take them off and squirrel them safely away. The other day, I kept on wearing the hat - it even sort of went with my outfit!
I just have to read over the pattern one last time, then it's off to the test knitters. Hooray!
Pattern: Salt Creek, by me
Yarn: Anzula Cricket MCN, colorway Boysenberry
Yardage: Just about 215 yards of a 225-yard skein
Needles: Size 4 US Addi Turbo Lace 16" circulars and size 4 US Hiya Hiya DPNs.