At this point, poor Zelda deserves her own category of In Progress. She's a ZIP, not a WIP! Hahah.
Dumb jokes aside, I've started to feel good about this project again. It's a Joan McGowan-Michael pattern, and although I love her aesthetic, I fought tooth and nail with this pattern. This last weekend, I pulled Zelda out from my I-should-really-finish-this-eventually basket and started working on her again. It's hard to see the difference, but I sewed the shoulder seams and picked up the neckline. As we speak, she's taking a warm bath so that setting in the sleeves is easier.
Initially, I had been a little worried about how fitted this sweater is going to be, but after trying her on again today I think the fit will turn out just fine. I expect her to grow a little bit in washing, which hopefully will help tremendously with the fit issues I wasn't sure about, namely in the tummy/high hip area. I find that sweaters with negative ease in the bust and waist, and a bit of positive ease down from the waist to the hip, is a pretty good look for me - this sweater is negative ease all over, so I'll need to wear her over skirts or high-waisted slacks in order to maintain that hourglass silhouette.
Post a Comment