Remember how I said I was going to rip the shit out of the poor failed sweater? Well, I did! I got these bad boys skeined up last week, washed them and let them dry this last weekend. We actually had a few gorgeous sunny days over the weekend, so they spent some time on the back porch sunning and drying the last of the stubborn damp spots. I also realized that though I said there were 7.5 skeins in the sweater, there were probably more like 4.5 - I bought this yarn so long ago that I had no idea that yardage mattered, not skein weight or number of skeins. I think I bought 6 skeins total, because I still have one untouched in my studio.
And obviously I didn't know the magic of spit-splicing, except perhaps in the strangely large skein on the very left. And let's just say that I'm glad my knitting skills have improved since I made this sweater, because the finishing was atrocious. I spent probably fifteen minutes picking apart a few places like the neck, where I thought I could fix the loose first cast-on stitch by weaving over it with the tail as many times as possible. Nope.
And, because a reader mentioned last week that they were curious about the view from my back porch, this is it. It's another beautiful sunny day today, so I'm wearing sandals and a dress and trying to forget that it will likely turn to rain by tomorrow. Hah!